Saturday, October 27, 2018

UW Arboretum....Brrrrrrrrr

If we need a reminder that summer days are definitely in the past you should have been with us 5 brave sketchers Saturday morning at UW Arboretum. A chilling experience. This is why you will see only indoor meetups for the future months until summer makes a 2019 appearance.

Kellen gets inspired


I had forgotten that the Visitor Center opens at 12:30 on the weekends so inside was not an option. Undaunted we forged ahead. Of course Gretchen saw no problem with the weather and heading off to a pine grove to sketch. Louisa was looking for turkeys and our remaining 3 (Toni, Kellen and myself) stayed close to the area that surrounds the Visitor Center.

Toni tries to draw a straight line with a frozen hand


We all enjoyed our sketching, such interesting colors in autumn this time of the year. An hour and a half into it we suddenly realized - We're Coooold!!! Pictures were taken haphazardly and I apologize especially to Gretchen...she was coming from her sketching area as the rain drops were falling harder and Kellen and I needed to head off to our respective homes to warm our toes.

Louisa and Toni try to hold their cold hands steady for the camera



Kellen is proud she has used her new colored pens


Next time? A cafe, I promise.

And that's me, heading home for tea...

I practice a bike, Kellen draws....and there is a cool hydrangia bush


Join us on the east side at Manna Cafe & Bakery on November 10. This will be a Saturday morning 10-12 meetup, Manna is not open Sunday pm.

And in the meantime of course,
Stay Creative

Ruth

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun even if a bit chilly. I'm taking a relief carving class so I can't make the morning sessions this semester. Nice sketches everyone!

    ReplyDelete