Saturday, September 30, 2017

Urban Sketching in Spring Green and Wausau, Wi.

This month I went to Spring Green to see a play at American Players Theatre and also to Wausau for the annual Birds in Art exhibition at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum.  Had a great time at both and thought how lucky we are to have these wonderful things in our state.  Birds in Art was great this year and I also enjoyed seeing many paintings in their permanent collection that I had not seen before.  A new wing was added a few years ago and now they are rotating many of the works collection that they did not have room for in the past.  I highly recommend seeing this show which mostly is paintings but also sculpture and some amazing wood carving.  I love staying at the Stewart Inn which is a great B&B not far from the museum.  The owner said the best rates are to be had on Sunday nights as fewer people stay over on Sundays.  My favorite room there is actually the smallest and least expensive one.  All the rooms have gas fireplaces and that felt good this morning.  I also swam at the Wausau YMCA which has a great lap pool.  I went downtown and had a latte and did the sketch below.  Perfect fall weekend!!
La Prima Coffee Shop, Wausua, Wi

Patio at House on the Rock Resort, Spring Green, Wi

No comments:

Post a Comment