Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mt. Horeb

The weather cooperated  for sketching in Mt. Horeb this afternoon and  we also enjoyed the opening of Cynde Quinn's new oil painting show at Schubert's restaurant where I had some great homemade rhubarb pie.  Lots of interesting architecture in that small town.  I don't know the name of this building on the main street but the bottom floor houses the Prairie Book Store.  Today was my first sketch day using Noodler's Lexington Gray ink in my Lamy Safari fountain pen.  I had been using Noodler's Bullet proof Black and like it alot but have read recommendations for the Lexington Gray which is also Bullet proof and will not bleed once it is dry so works well with watercolor.  The gray is more subtle and I love it.  Nina Johansson (Swedish Urban Sketcher) who I greatly admire uses it for her wonderful pen and watercolor sketches.  You can see them on her blog which is well worth a look.  Two more "new" sketchers came today which made a total of 8 of us for the day.  Many thanks to Dana for getting the ball rolling a few months ago and making sketching with Draw: Madison a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment