Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Here's a watercolor sketch I did today while sitting by the Sugar River in Paoli next to Artisan Art Gallery.  I went there to see Jonathan Wilde's new show of beautiful oil paintings.  Jon paints gorgeous landscapes and some bird paintings; some are portraits of the bird and in others the birds are  part of the landscape.  I was lucky enough to have taken a class Jon taught through the UW Extension on plein air painting and it was so much fun I have been painting outdoors ever since.  I encourage everyone to get to Paoli and have a look as his paintings. It's my favorite local gallery and many excellent artists have work there and they have a really good restaurant Wed thu Sundays for lunch. It's a beautiful area and you can sketch on either side of the river. Maybe some Sunday Draw: Madison will visit there to do some sketching.

No comments:

Post a Comment