Sunday, April 22, 2012

Yahara Place Park
Here are my favorite drawings from the SketchCrawl. The first is of a cottonwood tree in the Yahara Place Park on Lake Monona. The second drawing is of Monte's Diner -- I just happened to have the perfect selection of colors along to capture the look of Monte's. I love their funky, 1950s styling.

I posted a link to our blog on the SketchCrawl forum. SketchCrawl's blog is a bit difficult to navigate, but I recommend visiting their forum to see what other sketching group's were drawing all around the world.
Monte's Blue Plate Diner 

1 comment:

  1. thanks, Dana, for the link to the Sketchcrawl forum. It was fun to see the photos of people pretty much like ourselves all over the planet out sketching. I really like Nina Johansson's blog in Sweden and she was with the Stockholm group; she does great pen and watercolor sketches and watercolor paintings. She will be teaching a workshop at the Urban Sketchers Symposium this year in Santo Domingo. The Sketchcrawl was alot of fun and it feels good knowing there is a worldwide sketching community. Definitely have to do it again next time!

    ReplyDelete