Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Art Fair on the Square

And while you folks were over enjoying the breeze at Brittingham my daughter and I were doing the rounds at Art Fair on the Square around the Capitol. Sunday was a smart day for sketchers to go, with plenty of people but not jammed packed.

AFOS, 6 x 12 inches, watercolor paper
Each summer for the past 4 years I have made a small sketchbook out of a 20 x 30 inch piece of Fabriano watercolor paper and make one small sketch about the day. It's a nice way to document my daughter's visit. This 6 x 6 book was folded "maze" style and I used watercolor and a micron ink pen for this sketch. I'll bring it to our September library gathering to share.

1 comment:

  1. Nice urban sketching, Ruth. What a great tradition of making the sketchbook; can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete