Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sketching in the Rain

Driving home from work I spotted a flower bed that would be nice to sketch, it was conveniently located next to a bus shelter. So I decided it was finally time to head outside to sketch, my first outing with watercolors! The rain had stopped so I thought it would be ok, but once I reached the bus shelter it started to rain again. I could not see the flowers clearly so I decided to sketch a building instead, and not be dissuaded by the rain.


This was certainly a good learning experience, especially trying to use watercolors outside. It was harder than I anticipated but I'm happy I drew something and hopefully I'll do better next time.


Sunday's sketch idea was better, I bought a cupcake and brought it home. I should have sketched it a second time to practice more, but it was time to eat it!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Mercedes! Yes, painting outside and esp in the rain is not so easy but you did a great job. Really great cupcake and cookie sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete